The Certification Working Group (CWG) manages the certification process for CIPURSE. It outlines a clear, simple and fair certification program, which offers service providers implementing mobility solutions confidence that the products they integrate are compatible and interoperable with infrastructures based on CIPURSE.
- Ensuring that applications and solutions developed by OSPT Alliance members and the wider mobility market are compliant with the CIPURSE Specification.
- Liaising with a third-party testing house, ICUBE, to ensure independent testing of each product’s interoperability and compliance with CIPURSE.
- Issuing the ‘CIPURSE Certified’ certificate to certified products and solutions.
- Managing the use of the CIPURSE Certified logo.
The Technical Working Group (TWG) develops and maintains the CIPURSE Specification to meet evolving industry requirements. It also educates audiences on how the specification can be integrated into existing mobility solutions.
- Monitoring and investigating market trends that shape the future of the CIPURSE Specification.
- Constantly reviewing and enhancing the CIPURSE Specification to respond to market needs.
- Developing dedicated specifications in response to new technologies.
- Managing the CIPURSE technical training.
The TWG creates dedicated sub-working groups as required to respond to evolving market needs.
The LatAm Sub-Working Group is committed to promoting the value of OSPT Alliance and the CIPURSE Specification to mobility services in Latin America. For many years, the region has led the way in the adoption of open standards. Today, OSPT Alliance has many Latin America based member companies ranging from PTOs to software providers, system integrators and software developers. It is also home to a number of CIPURSE deployments across Brazil, Ecuador and Nicaragua with applications including ID, public transport and toll booths. For more information please contact:Latam_SubWG@osptalliance.org
The South African region promotes the value of CIPURSE to transit ecosystems in the region. The group demonstrates how CIPURSE can address new market requirements such as account-based ticketing and mobile.